Miniature tool edge geometries may not be visible to the naked eye, but they’re critical for machining quality and consistency. Diameters are available from RobbJack in every increment of .001.
- Cutting diameters starting at 0.005”
- Tolerances in microns (0.000039”), smaller than a human hair
- Hand-select diameters to nearest 0.0002”
- Primary relief angles maximize quality machining performance
- CVD diamond coating for certain applications
- Micro-electromechanical Systems
- Dental and Medical Appliances
MINIATURE TOOL USAGE
- Axial depth 25% of the tool diameter in Z-depth per pass
- Use accurate tool holders.
- Indicate the shank of the tool in.
MINIATURE TOOL MEASUREMENT
- Don’t use micrometers or calipers to measure tools. (use no contact measurement)
- Use shim stock for tool length measurements
Get the most accurate and long-lasting carbide miniatures on the planet. RobbJack SS and SR-Series micro end mills—when nothing less will cut it.
View our SS tool series here.
View our SR tool series here.
Download RobbJack’s current Miniature Guide here.
Find a RobbJack distributor here.